Saturday, August 16, 2008

What I'm Up To Tonight

So today is an uber-busy day. Actually, it only gets busy tonight but you understand what I mean.

First up, at 10 at The Iron Horse, Electric Six is playing which is AWESOME! Check out the video for 'Gay Bar' below:


As much as they will be fun I am more excited for the openers. First up we have The Coke Dares (featuring members of Magnolia Electric Co.) I wasn't too familiar with them so I checked them out on the YouTube. They seem fun and sound like a good way to open the show. Check 'em out below:


The following act is truly the reason that I am going to this show tonight. I like Electric Six and all but something about these guys just screams 'outshining the headliner from the moment they step on stage'. I am talking about Tragedy: The Metal Tribute To The Bee Gees. Read that again. The METAL Tribute To The BEE GEES. Sheer awesomeness! Check them out below:


How fucking awesome is that?!?!?!?!?

Hopefully I'll get to catch them before rushing over to The Elevens to catch Kaliis, Neal, Rich, Greg, and Alex rock socks off! Of course I'm talking about The Brass one of my favorite local bands. They blend power-pop (almost bubblegum) with some rock stylings to create a sound that isn't common in The Valley. Their shows are invariably informal and yet terribly fun. I urge people to check them out! Tonight they have the middle slot in a line-up that also features The Campbell Apartment and Beast With 2 Backs. Below you'll find a clip with TERRIBLE SOUND QUALITY! (but it should give you an idea)
Buddy System


After which I'm going to need to hightail it over to the Deuce to help celebrate Matty's birthday and maybe even sing a song. Hopefully I can make it in before the doors close but I'm feeling a little skeptical.

The show at The Horse starts at 10. Tickets are like $15 or so at the door (I'm not really sure)

The show at The Elevens starts at 10 (The Brass should be on between 11 and 11:30). There's probably a $1-$5 cover charge (again I'm not really sure)

No comments: