Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dr. Strangelove...

...or 'How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Fact That We Will Continue To Run Into Each Other On A Semi-Regular Basis And You, Being The Mature One, Will Be Seeing Other People (Including Those I Know) And Inadvertently Remind Me That I Walked Away From Something That Could Easily Be Construed As Contentment But Could Never Pass As Happiness.'

Someday I will adjust to that fact. Until that day comes, however, things will continue to be awkward between us. I refuse to pick up the rest of my things on the slim chance that someday I would need to bring said things back to your place. I understand that we'll never be together again but sometimes I dream that that isn't the case. Often I miss you. Occasionally I resent you. Once in a while I remind myself that this is for the best. I sincerely hope that you are happy without me and I sincerely hope that I too can experience that soon.

1 comment:

Jil said...

Thank you.

Even though i'm doing other things, i'm glad that you've felt all the things I cannot/haven't thought or said.

You're great.