Monday, August 18, 2008

Thoughts For Today, August 18th, 2008

Yesterday I spent almost the entire day in Northampton. I woke up a little before 9 (gotta love being essentially unemployed) and headed into town. Upon arriving and parking I walked a few blocks to get cigarettes and decided to keep on walking. After about 4 miles of aimless meandering I popped into Packards to see Jared and Kendra. We chatted. It was fun. Then I went to Pulaski Park, sat on a bench, and finished a book that Jil's father bought for me when we first met. It occurred to me that it was the 17th and they were showing my absolute favorite movie of all time (Harold And Maude) at The Academy. I called Kaliis and we decided to go to the 5 o'clock showing. It was around 1 when I called her. I walked to my car to get another book (always keep books on your person or in your car). While walking there I came across five people on different occassions who recognized me and used my name (e.g. "Hey Peter!", "How's it going Peter?", "Long time no see Peter..." etc.) Although I recognized the faces of two of them I did not know any of their names. I hate generalizing responses to things like "hey man, what's up?" but sometimes I am forced to. Anyway, went back to the park to read and wait for Kaliis. She was late and so we opted out of the 5pm showing and settled on the 7. We decided to head to the mall to take advantage of the tax-free weekend. We then went to the movie (amazing as always... I teared up a bit). Afterwards we walked to Bishops for Karaoke. I stayed until 1 and then went for another walk around town before heading to my car and going home. I got home around 2:15. Essentially I meandered in and about Northampton from 9am until 2am with an hour detour to the mall. It was one of the better days I've had in months.

---------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to Saturday's post I went and picked up the majority of my stuff from Jil's today. We chatted for a bit and, with the exception of some truly awkward hugs, was an extremely amicable experience. She brought up the 'you should come over and hang sometime' as well as the 'we will always be friends' aspects. I didn't shrug them off completely but I also wasn't jumping for joy at either prospect. Don't get me wrong; Jil is an amazing person. She is fun and funny and we had some great times. I just have a hard time staying connected to someone that I have disconnected from. To be fair my usual timeframe from 'Seriously Seeing Someone' to 'Spending Time With Someone I Used To See Seriously' averages about a year. We broke up in July (it might have been late June, I didn't mark the date). We'll see how this pans out. I did find out something that I found hilarious though... Jil, If you are reading this I sincerely wish you the best of luck with THAT! ;) (I think I just died a little when I typed out that smiley)

----------------------------------------------------------

What does one do on a Monday these days?

----------------------------------------------------------

If we don't settle on a place soon we are going to head up to my cabin in Rowe for a month or so. Upside to that: I'll get to catch up on some reading and writing
Downside to that: I will be almost completely isolated from society. No internet access. No cellphone service. No neighborhood bar. Just me and nature.

1 comment:

Peter said...

I guess it could be worse...somehow.