Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things on my mind at approximately one o'clock sunday morning...

-recently i was talking to someone and they had mentioned that they had begun taking photographs. they determined that this would be a new hobby of sorts. i can't for the life remember who i had this conversation with and that bothers me. was it you? wait, i think i remember who it was. either way, i need a new hobby.

-my friend Gauge is in the hospital. it sounds relatively serious. i realize that i will be spending time tomorrow at cooley dick. i hate hospitals. i do, however, truly like Gauge and am willing to put aside my distrust of the medical professions... for one day.

-i am listening to various Modest Mouse bootlegs from the late 90's at the moment. my favorite parts are the adlibbed lyrics that Isaac Brock tends to add to the latter halves of many of my favorite songs. at this exact moment i am trying to discern exactly what he is singing towards the end of 'All Night Diner' from a show in New York City, May 19th 1999.

-tonight i watched the south hadley fireworks from the parking lot of my apartment complex in holyoke. i was not the only person doing this. i sat and talked with a woman who lives in one of the other apartments. i had never met her before as i normally do not associate with the other tenants here. we talked about life in the service industry and the fact that she was getting new teeth. she thought i was 18. i knew she was in her late forties. when she began talking about her lackluster sex life i knew it was time to go back inside. doing so caused me to miss the finale. i hope it was smashing.

-i have re-evaluated my fears in life and have discovered a new one: someday i will die. maybe tomorrow. maybe 50 years from now. my fear doesn't lie in death however. instead it relates to the fact that the majority of the people i know wouldn't find out about my demise in a timely manner. i intend to share the passwords to my social networking sites/blogs/email inboxes/etc with someone who i can trust to pass on the news to the masses. i'd hate to go forgotten.

-i couldn't tell you the last time i ate soup. i kind of want to rectify that soon.

-stumbleupon is the tool of the devil. thankfully, being an atheist, i accept all tools with an open mind.

-i had a baffling dream earlier today but now i can't remember it. that's probably a good thing.

-if you are reading this and we recently discussed the 'need to talk' i urge you to contact me. i am lousy at initiating conversation. if, however, you changed your mind about 'needing to talk' expect an email from me later this week. i don't like loose ends in my life. i also don't like soup. i still kind of want to rectify that soon.

-on a scale of 1 to 10 i deem this version of 'Cowboy Dan' awesome.

-supposedly i walked out on a bar tab on friday night. i had (wrongfully) assumed that the two drinks i had before my little shindig would have found themselves on the bill for the shindig. i will rectify this soon. maybe over a crock of soup.

-i am thinking of setting up a facebook event for lunch in august and seeing how many people i can coerce to share a meal with me. i am thinking indian food. i might be down for some chinese. it won't happen until august regardless... keep your eyes peeled.

-the time is now one o'clock. i think i am done here for now.

-if you made it this far i owe you a hug. remind me of this the next time i see you.

1 comment:

Dr. Bean said...

Everyone will probably think/say this, but if only you'd try soup that I've made...

I do make a mighty good soup.