Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dreams Made Reality

i had a dream last night. in it i went on a quest to meet more like-minded people without actively seeking them out.

passive-aggressive networking of sorts.

when i woke up i had an idea:

i am taking 25 books from my collection and writing a short note in each with my email address listed at the end. each note will be written in the margins on either page 26, page 57, or page 131. the note will be personalized to the book itself and will instruct the reader to contact me if possible. i doubt anyone will follow through but either way i am dropping these books off at various used bookstores and libraries in the valley throughout the week. if you happen to stumble across one, congratulations!

i am also considering doing a similar thing with mix cds but have yet to determine exactly what i want to do with that idea. i'll keep you posted.

on a different note: it amazes me how courageous people can be. i am a frightened person. i tend to keep to myself as much as i can. i hate opening myself up. i am constantly in a state of vulnerability.

recently i exposed an aspect of myself to somebody and almost immediately regretted it. it took a while but i received a response this morning. were i in their shoes i probably would never have gotten back to me. lo and behold not only did i receive the response i wasn't expecting but it was exactly what i needed to hear. it was cordial. it was humorous. it left no room for misinterpretation. if you are reading this please allow me to thank you again. seriously.

until next time

No comments: